Monday 28 November 2016



 Critical Reflection- Effective communication

Throughout this module, I have learn many invaluable communications skills which I think would help me in my future endeavors. This course has given me an opportunity to refine my writing skills through the weekly blog post. I have learn how to avoid misunderstanding by conveying information accurately, and enabling a two-way communication. Learning how to listen actively and to express proper non-verbal cues also allows me to interact with people better.

I have gained a lot of knowledge in the skills that will be important in the workplace and I will keep all the notes that I have been given. I have learnt better presentation skills. Being placed in different groups, I need to interact and work with people of different styles and characters. These experiences are steps to more effective communication with different people for me! 

A component in the module requires us to write a proposal for any improvement in SIT. I feel that this has led me to think critically which I was not used to be, and to be bold to explore new and creative ideas.  Our group was very glad that SIT management had showed interest of our proposal “Implementation of recycling organic waste compound”.

Apart from the skills imparted to me in classroom, I have also learnt indirectly out of the class. The heavy workload is also an opportunity for me to increase my capacity as I learnt how to plan my work properly in order to meet the deadlines

I believe that the efforts that I have put into these modules will not be put to waste. I am very happy to have known many new friends in this module. I would like to thank you all for the encouragements and support through the whole course, and our senior lecturer Brad Blackstone for your patience and guidance in us. All in all, the new and closer friendships that I have built, coupled with the effective communication skills that I have acquired, makes this a very fulfilling module!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Edmund, for this clear, concise and yet comprehensive critical reflection. You do a fine job of reviewing some many aspects of your learning for the trimester. It's good to know that you found many takeaways in our coursework. I appreciate you finding SIE2016 a very fulfilling module.

    All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Edmund!,

    Through this effective communication module, i agreed with you that we have learnt many thing that is beneficial for us in the future. Glad that you have improve on your English writing in this module. All that best!

    Regards,
    Linfeng

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Edmund!,

    Through this effective communication module, i agreed with you that we have learnt many thing that is beneficial for us in the future. Glad that you have improve on your English writing in this module. All that best!

    Regards,
    Linfeng

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks brad for the guidance throughout the module!

    Thanks Linfeng, it was a great experience throughout the module, all the best to you too!

    ReplyDelete